Donation Processor & Delivery Driver
The Donation Processor & Delivery Driver is responsible for assisting the Resource Team and the Resale Team in acquiring and processing donations and other resource materials. This position is the “face to the community” and must have great customer service skills. Many times this person is the first contact that someone may have with Community Action House. The Donation Processor & Delivery Driver is supervised by the Resource Manager.
Requirements for this position:
- Must have a clean driving record, qualify for a Chauffeur's License, and have the ability to operate a manual transmission truck.
- Must have the ability to consistently lift , bend and twist, to carry large donations/furniture (60 lbs or more).
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and at multiple locations within the Holland Area.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office and Google Calendar.
- Ability to work with multiple agency staff, clients, donors, volunteers, etc.
- A working knowledge of hand tools.
- A desire to help other people.
- Pickup of donations and delivery of purchased inventory to customers (furniture, food, clothing and other items).
- Sorting through, preparing and organizing new donations at the General Store (Thrift Store).
- Scheduling of vehicles to meet the needs of the Resale and Resource teams using Google Calendar.
- Maintain a tracking system of donations and inventory, volunteers, and vehicle records.
- Primary operator of larger agency vehicles, both large and small trucks.
- Training volunteers in Resale and Resource operations.
- Providing great customer service to donors while at their homes or other sites.
- Performing adequate vehicle maintenance: ensure all vehicles are neat and clean, vacuuming interiors, sweeping out the back of the trucks, oil changes, fuel, etc.
- Assisting in keeping the warehouse areas organized and neat.
- Other duties as needed.
- Monday-Friday, 10am - 6pm
- Every 5th Saturday, 10am - 4pm
- Adopt a professional attitude and maintain a professional demeanor in all contacts with clients, donors, agency personnel/staff, and other agencies.
- Is prompt and actively participates in CAH team meetings and other meetings as required.
- Is available for evening and weekend hours if necessary, and is flexible to assist other staff in times of high demand.
- Establishes and maintains appropriate personal and professional boundaries with clients, other agency personnel and donors.
- Completes Empowerment training and utilizes empowerment tools when engaging with agency staff, clients, donors, volunteers etc.
- Operates at all times within the guidelines of the NASW Code of Ethics
- $13.00/hour + benefits
To apply, please send a letter of interest and a resume to Josh Hauch, Resource Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org by February 27, 2017.
Community Action House is an Equal Opportunity Employer.