Thank you for being part of the amazing local community committed to providing prosperity for all this Holiday Season! There are three goals this year with we'll accomplish with your help:
- Collect 100,000 pounds of shelf-stable food needed by families through spring
- Collect personal care and cleaning supplies needed by families
- Collect 1,000 turkeys for families to cook at home for Thanksgiving
What can you do?
- Host a food and personal care items drive in your place of work, church, school, and community - raising awareness and making a difference!
- Share the call to action with friends, family, and colleagues
- Volunteer with holiday outreach calls and collecting donations
- Consider Community Action House for a financial donation
Let us know you're thinking of doing a drive - click the button to proceed:
How do I host a Holiday Donation Drive?
- Talk with your community about the need in our community. In Michigan, 1 in 6 people struggle with hunger. Rent in our local community has skyrocketed, especially hard for families with lower incomes. 1/3 of families in Ottawa County live below the ALICE threshold meaning that they are employed, but faced with paying unsustainable portions of their income just for basic needs. Food collected during the Holidays provides hunger relief to local families this winter and spring.
- Distribute the most needed items list, set a start and end date for your drive, and collect food in a centralized, visible location. Most drives run between 2-3 weeks – as the amount of donations grows, so does the momentum!
- At the end of your drive, contact Community Action House if you've collected more than 300 pounds of food - volunteers will be able to come and pick up your donation! If able, bring your donations to Community Action House, 345 W 14th St, Holland, MI 49423, which is our main food pantry, and let us know when you'll be coming – we'd love to see you! Drop off is available Monday-Friday, 8:30am-5pm.
- Congratulate your community on their amazing effort for those in need! We'll be able to let you know how many pounds of food you've collected (if you don't know already) and the impact it makes in helping others move forward.
Flyer and contact information:
You can make a positive difference during the holidays!
Contact John Hauch, Resource Manager to host a drive, or with questions.
Phone: (616) 392 2368 x112, email: email@example.com