Experience a multi-faceted, community-based career where your experience and talents can support and empower local families. Look forward to coming to work each day as an essential part of programs that touch thousands of families each year, tackling hunger, homelessness, and unemployment. This is satisfying and challenging work that makes a real difference in people's lives.
Community Action House is seeking a part-time Sales Associate (24 hours/week) for the Community Action House General Store. The Sales Associate ensures that customers have a great experience while shopping. Responsibilities will include; operation of a computerized cash register system, assistance in creating appealing product displays, ability to anticipate and meet customer needs and working closely with a diverse team of staff and volunteers to meet the agency’s purpose and mission.
- Previous experience in retail sales and/or interior décor strongly preferred
- Ability to consistently lift 50-75 lbs. or more
- Knowledge of merchandising principles preferred
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Must be willing to complete agency Empowerment Training within 6-months of hire
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and nights
- A criminal records check is required
Salary Range: $9-$10 per hour, dependent upon qualifications and experience
To apply, provide a resume by e-mail to Store Manager Alan Martens at email@example.com. Job description available upon request. Resumes will also be accepted at:
Community Action House General Store
694 Michigan Avenue
Holland, MI 49423
Community Action House offers competitive benefits and salary, and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.